West Sussex Cycle Paths
Length of new cycle paths
West Sussex County Council aims to increase the amount of new cycle track year on year by 15%. The baseline is 5.57 km and by 2022 we will have put in 28.7km length of additional cycle lanes.
The following schemes were completed during quarter 3
- Bridleway 2410 all-weather surfacing (through Woodshill Copse, West of Broadford Bridge Road) = 0.3km.
- G46 all-weather surfacing (from Bradford Bridge Road, West Chiltington) = 0.5km.
- Shared cycleway footway on Rowan Way, Bognor Regis = 0.15km.
- Christ’s Hospital to Downs Link connection = 1.3km.
- Extension of existing shared cycleway footway in the vicinity of Wellington Grange Care Home, Broyle Road, Chichester = 0.19km.
- All-weather surfacing on 2 sections of the Downs Link = 3.3km.
Total for Q3 (including the Downs Link surfacing scheme) = 5.74km.