Residents who feel happy with West Sussex as a place to live, work and visit
We don’t need to tell you that West Sussex is a great place to live, visit and work. However we need to make sure we make the most of that, that we promote our county far and wide, that we support tourism, businesses and local people and that we are clear, West Sussex is not just open for business, it thrives. Data for this measure will be determined from the What Matters To You (WMTY) survey.
We aim to achieve a result of 80% by 2022
September 2019 performance
In our WMTY survey in September 2018, 70% of people who took part said they were happy with West Sussex as a place to live, work and visit.
Our 2020-21 milestone target is 75%.
This survey runs every two years and the date of the next survey is spring 2020.
There are a number of things we have done to improve further the levels of satisfaction and build on this good base. They include:-
- continuing to boost the local economy through growth initiatives
- investing in highways infrastructure and a network of cycle paths
- encouraging residents to increase levels of recycling
- promoting West Sussex as a destination of choice through our tourism brand
- showcasing local food producers through Taste West Sussex.
We will continue to promote initiatives that enable residents to feel safe, where children get the best start in life, where older people can live independently for longer and where communities can thrive.