Length of new cycle paths
West Sussex County Council aims to increase the amount of new cycle track year on year by 15%. The baseline is 5.57 km and by 2022 we will have put in 28.7km length of additional cycle lanes.
The link to the map shows suggested routes contained in the strategy. Red routes are prioritised for feasibility work, green show already constructed. West Sussex Cycle Journey Planner shows you the fastest and quietest options for your journeys and designated cycle routes (some of which are on road).
December 2019 Performance
The following schemes were completed during quarter 3
- Bridleway 2410 all-weather surfacing (through Woodshill Copse, West of Broadford Bridge Road) = 0.3km.
- G46 all-weather surfacing (from Bradford Bridge Road, West Chiltington) = 0.5km.
- Shared cycleway footway on Rowan Way, Bognor Regis = 0.15km.
- Christ’s Hospital to Downs Link connection = 1.3km.
- Extension of existing shared cycleway footway in the vicinity of Wellington Grange Care Home, Broyle Road, Chichester = 0.19km.
- All-weather surfacing on 2 sections of the Downs Link = 3.3km.
Total for Q3 (including the Downs Link surfacing scheme) = 5.74km.
The following schemes are expected to be completed in quarter 4
- Shared cycleway footway on Ifield Avenue, Crawley = 1.2km.
- Shared cycleway footway on Stane Street, Westhampnett = 0.8km.
- New shared cycleway footways on old A264 Broadbridge Heath Bypass = 1.9km.
- Permissive bridleway link between existing permissive bridleways P36 and P37, Medmerry = 1.0km .