We have made it easier for customers to view information about roadworks on the WSCC website. One.network has replaced the travel information pages which gives clearer information about roadworks in West Sussex. One.network is mobile & tablet friendly and customers can search for current and forthcoming roadworks which expand to give specific details about the works
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE
We forecast customer contact into our Customer Service Centre to ensure we can answer customer calls in a timely manner. We focus on a quality service ensuring our staff have the right training and skills to be able to help customers and resolve their queries at the first point of contact. Our staff receive regular coaching and feedback to support to deliver the best possible service to our residents.
This is an overarching corporate measure, which reaches across all services. We constantly work to make it easier for customers to get information and the support they need, and we focus on the quality of service at our front door when a customer calls us. There are a range of actions in hand.
- The council has large scale improvement activity within services which will improve the delivery of services, which will help to improve our customers satisfaction.
- We continue to focus on our customer centre value and ownership of customer contact, across all services, joining up the end-to-end customer journey.
- The communications team will work closer with services to put additional focus around the promotion of features on service improvements and resident success stories – especially around the areas where residents were least satisfied.
- A project is underway to look at options for launching a new residents’ survey.
- Work has begun to ensure that our website is compliant with the new accessibility regulations by the September 2020 deadline. This will make our website faster and easier to use for more of our residents.
- Through our communications channels we are sharing with residents both the budget challenge as well as our achievements.
LEARNING FROM COMPLAINTS
West Sussex County Council is committed to improving our customers satisfaction and delivering a customer centred service. To achieve this we will use our customer complaints to learn and continually improve, we are working to provide good insight to service to help them identify areas they can improve.
We have delivered our new Customer Service training to 48 staff over 16 services since its launch in Autumn 2018. Monthly training continues and we are working with Directors to target areas where we receive the most complaints.
Work has begun to ensure that our website is compliant with the new accessibility regulations by the September 2020 deadline. This will make our website faster and easier to use for more of our residents.
We have an ongoing programme of Customer Service training – upskilling our officers to have the difficult but honest and realistic conversations with customers, for example around reducing budgets and service provision. 6 courses delivered since its launch in August 2018 with officers across 14 services areas attending.
When asked whether West Sussex County Council residents are satisfied with the services they receive, the largest proportion of respondents, 46%, agreed with the statements that they were either satisfied or very satisfied. 20% of respondents were neutral being neither satisfied nor dissatisfied and 34% of respondents said they were either dissatisfied or very dissatisfied.
This measure is new, introduced in 2018. The data will come from the 'What Matters to You' survey. As part of the countywide What Matters to You survey that launched on 16th April 2018, residents are being asked how satisfied they are with the services they receive from West Sussex County Council.
The countywide What Matters to You survey for 2018 has now closed. However, if you have contacted West Sussex County Council in the last 12 months and would like to give us feedback regarding how easy it was to contact us and then to get the help you needed and how satisfied you were with the service received , please click on the link below and complete our short survey.